Flexibility or precision [videorecording] / producers, Stephany Marks, Mark Pickering ; directed by Sue Knussen ; an IMG Artists/BBC co-production in association with Teldec Classics International and Sender Freies Berlin ... [et al.]
- Princeton, NJ : Films for the Humanities, Inc., c1994.
- Art of conducting
The Art of conducting
1 videocassette (29 min.) : sd., b&w and col. ; 1/2 in.
- Conductors (Music).
Conducting -- Study and teaching.
- This program focuses on the conducting force and personality of Otto Klemperer, Wilhelm Furtwängler, and Arturo Toscanini, with analyses of their styles by instrumentalists, other conductors, and musicologists.
- Klemperer rehearsing the Egmont overture and performing Beethoven's Minth
Furtwängler conducting the Meistersinger overture and rehearsing the Schubert Eighth and Brahms Fourth
A comparison of Furtwan̈gler's Beethoven's Ninth with that of Toscanini
Toscanini conducting Beethoven's Fifth.
- Michael Gambon.
- Series conceived by Stephen Wright ; commentary written by Stephen Pettitt ; videotape editor, Alastain Mitchell.
"FFH 4600"--Cassette label.
With commentary from John Eliot Gardiner, Isaac Stern, Jack Brymer, Sir George Solti, Yehudi Menuhin, Oliver Knussen, Suvi Raj Grubb, Hugh Bean, Brian Pollard, Werner Thärichen and Mariss Jansons.
- Marks, Stephany. , Producer
Pickering, Mark. , Producer
Knussen, Sue. , Producer
Gambon, Michael. , Narrator
Klemperer, Otto, 1885-1973. , Conductor
Furtwängler, Wilhelm, 1886-1954 , Conductor
Toscanini, Arturo, 1867-1957 , Conductor
Solti, Georg, 1912-1997. ,
International Management Group.4pro
British Broadcasting Corporation. , Producer
Teldec Classics International. , Producer
Sender Freies Berlin. , Producer
Films for the Humanities (Firm) , Distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|