The great code : the Bible and literature / Northrop Frye.
- 1st Harvest/HBJ ed.
- San Diego : Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1983, ©1982.
xxiii, 261 pages ; 21 cm
- Bible and literature.
- "A world-renowned critic and scholar examines the continuing cultural importance of the Bible as the single most important influence in the imaginative tradition of Western art and literature. Frye rejects both dogmatic and literal interpretations while celebrating the uniqueness of the Bible as distinct from all other epics and sacred texts. His highly original analysis shows the Bible as redeeming history with a visionary poetic perspective that complements science in the understanding of man's nature."--Book cover.
- "A Harvest/HBJ book."
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
Conference on Christianity & Literature Book of the Year Award, Winner, 1982
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Frye, Northrop. Great code.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|