Becoming American women : clothing and the Jewish immigrant experience, 1880-1920 / Barbara A. Schreier.
- Chicago : Chicago Historical Society, 1994.
xiii, 154 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Jewish women -- United States -- Costume -- Exhibitions.
Jewish women -- United States -- Cultural assimilation -- Exhibitions.
Jewish women -- United States -- History -- Exhibitions.
Costume, Jewish -- United States -- History -- Exhibitions.
- Catalog of an exhibition held at the Chicago Historical Society, Mar. 6, 1994-Jan. 2, 1995; Ellis Island Immigration Museum, New York City, Mar. 15-July 16, 1995; National Museum of American Jewish History, Philadelphia, Sept. 10-Dec. 31, 1995.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Gershwind/Bennett Endowed Fund for Judaica Collections.
Presented to the Penn Libraries from the collection of Grace Cohen Grossman.
- Chicago Historical Society.
Ellis Island Immigration Museum.
National Museum of American Jewish History (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Gershwind/Bennett Endowed Fund for Judaica Collections.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|