The London chronicle, or, Universal evening post.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- London chronicle
Universal evening post
Narrative of the late massacres in Lancaster County
- London [England] : Sold by J. Wilkie], 1757-1765.
volumes ; 27 cm
Three times a week
[Vol. 1], no. 1 (Jan. 1, 1757)-v. 17, no. 1330 (June 27 to 29, 1765).
- Continued By:
- London chronicle (London, England : 1765)
- London (England) -- Newspapers.
England -- London.
- Place of Publication:
- Great Britain England London.
- "To be continued every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday."
Index bound at the beginning of each volume.
Vol. 15, no. 1140 (Apr. 10-12, 1764) contains : "A narrative of the late massacres in Lancaster County, of a number of Indians, friends to this province; by persons unknown. With some observations on the same" by Benjamin Franklin, p. 347-349.
Vol. 14, no. 1037 (Aug. 16-18, 1763) contains a letter from Boston mentioning Indian depredations. Notice from Philadelphia of conversations with Indian leaders: "King Beaver, Shingae, Wyendougheta, Wingeenum, and Daniel and William Anderson, all chiefs of the Delawares, came to my house and delivered me the following intelligence...."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center copy purchased for the Penn Libraries in 2019 from Rodger Friedman Rare Book Studio.
- Penn Chronology:
- Curtis Collection of Franklin Imprints (University of Pennsylvania)
- Franklin, Benjamin, 1706-1790. Narrative of the late massacres in Lancaster County...
- Other format:
- Online version: London chronicle, or, Universal evening post
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|