The publishers weekly.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- PW <2005->
PW publishers weekly
- New York : F. Leypoldt, 1873-
volumes : illustrations ; 25-29 cm
Weekly (except the last week in Dec.),
Vol. 3, no. 1 (Jan. 2, 1873)-
- Publishers' and stationers' weekly trade circular
- Continued By:
- Weekly record
- American literature -- Bibliography -- Periodicals.
Publishers and publishing -- United States -- Periodicals.
United States -- Imprints -- Periodicals.
Publishers and publishing
- Medical subjects:
- Book Industry.
Book Industry -- Periodicals.
Books -- Periodicals.
- Published in New York by: F. Leypoldt, Jan. 2, 1873-Dec. 28, 1878; Publishers Weekly, Jan. 4, 1879-June 9, 1906; R.R. Bowker, June 16, 1906- ; Reed Business Information,
; PWxyz, LLC,
Issues for Jan. 2, 1873-Dec. 28, 1918 called also: whole no. 51-2447.
Since 1888, Christmas no. issued in Nov. and separately paged, with title: The Christmas bookshelf.
Vol. 228, no. 1 never published.
Some issues accompanied by unnumbered special supplements.
Beginning 2013, includes a special, unnumbered issue with title: Children's starred reviews annual.
Official organ of the Publishers' Board of Trade, 1873-76; of the Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, 1873-74; of the American Book Trade Union, -Aug. 1, 1874; of the American Book Trade Association, Aug. 8, 1874-76.
Accompanied, 1970-73 by: Publishers weekly international edition, which is issued as pt. 2 of a number of Publishers weekly.
Beginning Sept. 2, 1974, the Weekly record section was issued as a separate publication: Weekly record.
Latest issue consulted: Vol. 260, no. 52 (Dec. 23, 2013) (surrogate).
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy v.175:no.21 has card "The Academy of American Poets will present Robert Graves speaking..." laid in.
RBC Tehon copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Susan Tehon.
Tehon copies have mailing label for Stephen Thiras on front cover.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Tehon, Atha (former owner)
Tehon, Susan (donor)
Thiras, Stephen (former owner)
- R.R. Bowker Company, issuing body.
Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), issuing body.
Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, issuing body.
Am. Book Trade Association, issuing body.
American Book Trade Union, issuing body.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Atha Tehon Thiras Art and Design Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Children's starred reviews annual.
- Other format:
- Online version: Publishers weekly
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|