Philadelphia theaters : a pictorial architectural history / Irvin R. Glazer.
- Philadelphia : Athenaeum of Philadelphia ; New York : Dover Publications, c1994.
xxii, 90 p. : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Theater architecture -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Exhibitions.
Architecture, Modern -- 20th century -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Exhibitions.
Theaters -- Decoration -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Exhibitions.
Glazer, Irvin R., 1922- -- Art collections -- Exhibitions.
Art -- Private collections -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Exhibitions.
Art -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Exhibitions.
Athenaeum of Philadelphia -- Exhibitions.
Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Exhibitions.
Architecture -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- In over 130 photographs and drawings, this superb book celebrates the architecture of Philadelphia's theaters from the candlelight and gaslight eras to the fabulous legitimate theaters and movie palaces of the 20th century. Moving from one landmark to another, it explores the vigorous, often controversial role theaters played in the growth and life of this historic city. Captions supply important details such as the architect, seating capacity, architectural style and present status or demolition date. A Dover co-publication with The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
- Published in conjunction with an exhibition held at the Athenaeum of Philadelphia, Sept. 26, 1994-Feb. 3, 1995, including its Irvin R. Glazer collection.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: RBC inscribed by the author.
- Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
- 0486278336 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|