The South in northern eyes, 1831-1861. By Howard R. Floan.
- Austin, University of Texas Press 1958.
xi, , 198,  pages 24 cm
- Southern States -- Civilization.
American literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
American literature -- New England -- History and criticism.
American literature -- New York (State) -- History and criticism.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Texas Austin.
- Part I. New England. Garrison and Phillips; Whittier; Lowell; Emerson and Thoreau; Longfellow, Holmes, and Hawthorne; New England Magazines
Part II. New York. New York Backgrounds; Melville; Bryant; Whitman; Conclusion.
- Issued also in microfilm in 1954 as thesis, Columbia University.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|