The Holy Bible, conteyning the Old Testament, and the New / newly translated out of the originall tongues, : & with the former translations diligently compared and reuised, by his Maiesties speciall co[m]mandement : appointed to be read in churches.
- Standardized Title:
- Bible. English. Authorized. 1611.
- Imprinted at London : By Robert Barker, Printer to the Kings most Excellent Maiestie., Anno Dom. 1611.
one volume : genealogical tables 41 cm (folio)
- Black letter types (Type).
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Decorated title page; unpaginated text.
The editio princeps of the King James' or Authorized version, also known as the Great HE edition, from the reading in Ruth III.15 "and he went into the citie."
Signatures: [superscript pi]A-D], A-5C, A-2A.
The New Testament (A- 2A) has separate title page.
Printed in black letter in two columns per page within rules, with verse divisions, marginal notes, ornamental capitals, and head- and tail-pieces throughout; each chapter preceded by summary in roman type.
Calendar in red and black.
- Local notes:
- With: Speed, J.S. [The genealogies recorded in the Sacred Scriptures]. [London : J. Beale, 1611.]
- Penn Provenance:
- Ross, T. Edward (bookplate) (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Herbert, A.S. English Bible, 309
Darlow & Moule, 240
STC (2nd edition), 2216
University of Pennsylvania. Libraries. Ross Bible, 39
- Barker, Robert, -1645, printer.
STC Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Ross Bible Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|