[Mafteaḥ leshon ha-ḳodesh] that is The key of the holy tongue : wherein is conteineid, first The Hebrue grammar (in a manner) woord for woord out of P. Martinius; secondly, A practize upon the first, the twentie fift, and the syxtie eyght Psalmes, according to the rules of the same grammar; ... / all Englished for the benefit of those that (being ignoraunt in the Latin) are desirous to learn the holy tongue, by Iohn Udall.
- Standardized Title:
- Grammatica Hebraea. English
- Other Title:
- Key of the holy tongue.
- Imprinted at Leyden : By Francis Raphelengius, 1593.
204, , 98, , 174,  p. ; 16 cm. (8vo)
- Hebrew language -- Grammar.
Hebrew language -- Dictionaries -- English -- Early works to 1800.
- "Thirdly, A short dictionary conteining the Hebrue woords that are found in the Bible with their proper significations"
First 3 words of title romanized from the Hebrew.
Signatures: A-N 2A-2F 2G a-l . N8, 2G4, and l8 are blank.
Errata: p. 
- Local notes:
- Second and third parts transposed in binding in library's copy. All blank leaves wanting.
- Penn Provenance:
- Block Bible Collection
Block, Gordon A. (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd ed.) 17523
- Udall, John, 1560?-1592.
STC Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|