Number 17 Cotton Mill Shanghai blues [videorecording] : music in China / produced and directed by Jeremy Marre ; a Harcourt Films Production for Channel Four.
- Other Title:
- Number seventeen Cotton Mill Shanghai blues.
No. 17 Cotton Mill Shanghai blues.
- [Newton, N.J.] : Shanachie Entertainment Corp., 1994.
- Beats of the heart
Beats of the heart
1 videocassette (60 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Music -- China.
Music -- China -- 20th century.
Popular music -- China -- Western influences.
Music and state -- China.
- Local subjects:
- Ethnic music recordings -- China.
Ethnic music recordings, Chinese.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- VHS, stereo hi-fi.
- A survey of the 1980's musical scene in China, showing the revitalization of classical and western-influenced music performed by amateurs and professionals alike--the liberalization encouraged by the government just as was the repression of many of these forms during the Cultural Revolution.
- Camera, Chris O'Dell; editor[s], Roland Armstrong, Sue Chambers.
Narrated in English; spoken and sung Chinese with English subtitles.
Title on label and on container: No. 17 Cotton Mill Shanghai blues.
At head of title on label: Shanachie home video.
Videorecording of a film originally produced in 1984.
- Marre, Jeremy. , Producer, Director
Shanachie Entertainment Corp. , Distributor
Harcourt Films. , Producer
Channel Four (Great Britain) , Producer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|