Frederick Law Olmsted [videorecording] / Metropolitan Museum of Art and T.W. Timreck in association with WGBH Boston ; produced and directed by T.W Timreck ; written by James Lawson, Charles Beveridge.
- Other Title:
- Title on label and on container: Frederick Law Olmsted and the public park in America
- New York, N.Y. : The Museum : T.W. Timreck, c1990 ; [Chicago, Ill.?] : Home Vision [distributor]
- Metropolitan Museum of Art home video collection.
1 videocassette (58 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Olmsted, Frederick Law, 1822-1903.
Parks -- History -- United States.
Landscape architecture -- History -- United States.
Central Park (New York, N.Y.)
- Local subjects:
- Art and architecture videos.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- Documents, with dramatization, the work of Olmsted in establishing public parks in America, exemplified by Central Park, 1858. The project was fraught with political, financial, and topographical obstacles, but the completed park illustrates Olmsted's pioneering vision.
- Young Olmsted, David Stathaim; Old Olmsted, Richard Hamilton, Calvert Vaux, Daniel Gerroll.
- Credits: historical consultants, Charles Beveridge, Charles McLaughlin.
- "Based on [Olmsted's] unfinished autobiography 'Passages in the life of an unpractical man'"--Credits.
On container: The Metropolitan Museum of Art home video collection.
"OLM 020"--Spine of container.
- Timreck, T. W. Theodor William) , Producer, Director
Beveridge, Charles E. , Screenwriter, Consultant
Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.) , Producer
WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.) , Producer
Home Vision (Firm) , Distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|