Audubon's Western Journal: 1849-1850; being the ms. record of a trip from New York to Texas, and an overland journey through Mexico and Arizona to the gold fields of California, by John W. Audubon, with biographical memoir by his daughter, Maria R. Audubon; introduction, notes, and index by Frank Heywood Hodder, with folded map, portraits, and original drawings.
- Other Title:
- Audubon's Western Journal
- Cleveland, The Arthur H. Clark Company, 1906.
249,  p.,  leaves of plates illus., map (fold.), port. 25 cm.
- Southwest, New -- Description and travel.
Mexico -- Description and travel.
United States -- Description and travel
Overland journeys to the Pacific.
California -- Gold discoveries.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Ohio Cleveland.
- With half-title.
"Copyright, 1905, by The Arthur H. Clark Company."
"Appendix: List of Members of the Original Company": p. -243.
"Important Historical Publications of The Arthur H. Clark Company":  p. at end.
Black textured cloth boards lettered in gilt on spine.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has autograph of Henry H. Bonnell.
- Penn Provenance:
- Bonnell, Henry H. (Henry Houston), 1859-1926 (autograph) (donor) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Audubon, Maria Rebecca, 1843-1925.
Hodder, Frank Heywood, 1869-
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|