We flew over the bridge : the memoirs of Faith Ringgold.
- First edition.
- Boston ; New York ; Toronto ; London : Little, Brown and Company,  , ©1995
xv,  288 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- Ringgold, Faith.
African American women artists -- Biography.
African American women artists.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
United States New York (State) New York (City)
- The author looks back and shares the story of her struggles, growth, and triumphs on her path to success.
Part I : Harlem born and bred
Chapter 1 : From the cradle to the classroom in the 1930s
Chapter 2 : Growing up on Sugar Hill in the 1940s
Part II : Men, marriage, and motherhood
Chapter 3 : Men and marriage in the 1950s and 1960s
Chapter 4 : My mother was perfect, or so she said
Chapter 5 : Parental politics : my daughter and me
Part III : Making art, making waves, and making money
Chapter 6 : A European trip ends with a death in the family
Chapter 7 : The 1960s : is there a black art?
Chapter 8 : The End of the 1960s : out of the studio and into the streets
Chapter 9 : The 1970s : is there a woman's art?
Chapter 10 : Teaching art : those who can should
Chapter 11: We flew over the bridge : performance art, story quilts, and Tar Beach
Appendix : Matisse's Chapel
Faith Ringgold chronology
Public and private collections
- "A Bulfinch Press book."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Little, Brown and Company, publisher.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|