The power of the popes in the middle ages, or, An historical inquiry into the origin of the temporal power of the Holy see, and the constitutional laws of the middle ages relating to the deposition of sovereigns : with an introduction on the honours and temporal privileges conferred on religion and on its ministers by the nations of antiquity, especially by the first Christian emperors / by M. Gosselin ; translated by Matthew Kelly.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Historical inquiry into the origin of the temporal power of the Holy see, and the constitutional laws of the middle ages relating to the deposition of sovereigns.
- Baltimore : J. Murphy & co.; London : C. Dolman, 1853.
2 v. ; 23 cm.
- Popes -- Temporal power.
Church history -- Middle Ages, 600-1500.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Maryland Baltimore.
- Vol. 2 has imprint: London : C. Dolman, 1853.
- Local notes:
- Imperfect: v. 2 wanting.
- Penn Chronology:
- Kelly, Matthew, 1814-1858.
Henry Charles Lea Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|