Lewis Mumford at 100 : sticks, stones, cities, culture : a symposium celebrating the centennial of Lewis Mumfords's birth / co-sponsored by the Graduate School of Fine Arts & Van Pelt Library, University of Pennsylvania.
- Other Title:
- Sticks, stones, cities, culture
- Philadelphia : [University of Pennsylvania, 1995]
47 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Mumford, Lewis, 1895-1990 -- Exhibitions.
Arts and society.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Published on the occasion of the symposium and the opening of the exhibit, held from Oct. 19, 1995-Jan. 26, 1996, in the Kamin Gallery of the Van Pelt Library, which examines Mumford's ties to both the University of Pennsylvania and the City of Philadelphia.
"Acknowledgements" written by Robert Wojtowicz.
"October 19, 1995."
Includes the complete text of L. Mumford's 1950 Benjamin Franklin Lecture titled: From revolt to renewal.
- Local notes:
- RBC copy 3 has a few ms. marginal marks in pencil or blue ink in text; some ms. underlines in blue ink in text.
RBC copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2017 by Courtland Van R. Halsey.
RBC copy 3 inscribed "To Van from Sophia" on title leaf; ms. letter on ruled yellow paper from Sophia Mumford to Courtland Van R. Halsey dated 3[?] February 1996 laid in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Halsey, Courtland Van R. (donor) (inscription) (RBC copy 3)
Mumford, Sophia Wittenberg, 1899-1997 (autograph) (RBC copy 3)
- Penn Chronology:
- Mumford, Lewis, 1895-1990.
University of Pennsylvania. Library.
University of Pennsylvania. Graduate School of Fine Arts.
- Mumford, Lewis, 1895-1990. From revolt to renewal.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|