The humor of Jackie Moms Mabley : an African American comedic tradition / Elsie A. Williams.
- New York : Garland Publishing, Inc., 1995
- Studies in African American history and culture
Studies in African American history and culture
xii, 178,  pages,  pages of plates : portraits ; 23 cm
- Mabley, Moms -- Criticism and interpretation.
African American wit and humor -- History and criticism.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Roots in African American Humor
Comedic Traditions in African American Humor
Mabley's Life and Career
Mabley's Persona: The Woman of Words; The Trickster; The Fool
Mabley's Texts, Themes, and Significance
- Revision of the author's thesis, University of Maryland, College Park, 1992.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy inscribed "10-19-96. For Joanna, In loving memory of Moms, whose laughter remains a healing medicine for African American poeple. Love Elise A. Williams".
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (inscription) (Banks Collection copy)
Williams, Elsie A. (autograph) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0815320019 (acid-free paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|