The concise Oxford dictionary of mathematics / Christopher Clapham.
- Other Title:
- Second edition.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 1996.
- Oxford paperback reference
Oxford paperback reference
312 p. : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Mathematics -- Dictionaries.
- "This invaluable resource will guide general readers, as well as students, through the often bewildering maze of equations and theorems encountered within the mathematical universe. Nearly 1,000 entries have been added for this new edition covering everything from pure and applied mathematics to statistics. Also included are entries on mathematics of more general interest, such as fractals, game theory, and chaos. Providing succinct definitions and clear explanations to a wealth of terms, A Concise Oxford Dictionary of Mathematics also enables readers to make new discoveries as they browse and check cross-references." "With explanatory figures, diagrams, and tables for ready reference to compliment the text, clear and precise definitions, with helpful examples of a wide range of mathematical terms and concepts, and brief biographical sketches of the great mathematicians, this comprehensive dictionary will serve as an indispensable and trustworthy guide to the dynamic world of mathematics."--BOOK JACKET.
- Revised edition of: A concise dictionary of mathematics. 1990.
- Clapham, Christopher.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|