An American requiem : God, my father, and the war that came between us / James Carroll.
- Boston : Houghton Mifflin Co., 1996.
279 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Carroll, James, 1943 -- -Family.
Novelists, American -- 20th century -- Family relationships.
Catholic ex-priests -- Family relationships -- United States.
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- United States.
Catholics -- United States -- Biography.
Fathers and sons -- United States.
Ex-priests, Catholic -- United States -- Family relationships.
Fathers and sons -- United States -- Biography.
- Joe Carroll was an Air Force lieutenant who designated Vietnamese targets for American bombs. Joe's son, James, began adulthood by fulfilling his father's abandoned dream of joining the priesthood. But soon a father's hopes for his son--and a son's peace with his father--were ruined, when James chose to protest the war and all it stood for.
- In the Valley of Bones
J. Edgar, Joe, and Me
State and Church
The Pope Speaks
Joy to My Youth
A Religious Education
Capers in Chains
A Priest Forever
The Last Word.
- Local notes:
- Gift of Mr. & Mrs. Sheldon Hackney.
Storage copy signed by Sheldon Hackney in front.
Storage copy has extensive MS. notes by Sheldon Hackney at end.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Carroll, James, 1943- American requiem.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|