The value in the valley : a Black woman's guide through life's dilemmas / Iyanla Vanzant.
- New York : Simon & Schuster, 1995. , ©1995
318 pages ; 23 cm
- African American women -- Life skills guides.
African American women -- Psychology.
Self-esteem in women -- United States.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- If you are an honorary member of the Black Woman's Suffering Society, you have probably been told that it's all your fault. Or that struggling and suffering is your lot in life. Iyanla Vanzant says NO! Life is an Act of Faith and suffering is optional! Those everyday challenges, obstacles, and dilemmas are what Iyanla calls valleys. As bad as they may seem, there is a purpose or, as Iyanla says, "There is so much value in the valley."
Valley experiences open your eyes to the things you know but have difficulty facing and accepting. Valleys challenge your fears, strengthen your will, correct your misperceptions, and give you valuable insights into yourself, the world, and the people around you. Those dark, bleak, ugly experiences that make you most uncomfortable can help you to grow.
- 1. The Anatomy of the Valley
2. The Valley of Light
3. The Valley of Understanding
4. The Valley of Courage
5. The Valley of Knowledge and Wisdom
6. The Valley of O.P.P.
7. The Valley of Comeuppance
8. The Valley of Purpose and Intent
9. The Valley of Nonresistance
10. The Valley of Success
11. The Valley of Love
12. All the Way Out.
- "Copyright ©1995 by Iyanla Vanzant"--verso of title page.
"Designed by Hyun Joo Kim"--verso of title page.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy retains dustjacket.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Kim, Hyun-Joo, book designer.
Simon & Schuster, publisher.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|