Annals of Scottish printing from the introduction of the art in 1507 to the beginning of the seventeenth century. By Robert Dickson, L.R.C.S.E. and John Philip Edmond.
- Other records:
- Cambridge, Macmillan & Bowes, 1890.
xv, 530 p. incl. illus., facsims. 31 cm. (4to)
- Printing -- Scotland -- History.
Scottish literature -- To 1700 -- Bibliography.
- "500 copies printed on small paper and 100 copies on large paper."
The first half of the work (chap. I-XX), edited by Mr. Edmond, is based on Dr. Dickson's earlier studies, comprising (1) a series of articles on "Early Scottish typography," in Printers' register, 1876-78; (2) "Who was Scotland's first Printer?" 1881; (3) "Introduction of the art of printing into Scotland," 1885. The second half of the work (chap. XXI-XXXVIII) is by Mr. Edmond alone.
- Local notes:
- This is small paper copy no. 430.
- Penn Chronology:
- Edmond, John Philip, 1850-1906.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|