Early music. Part 1, The Pembroke choir books and other music manuscripts from Pembroke College, Cambridge [microform].
- Other Title:
- Pembroke choir books and other manuscripts from Pembroke College, Cambridge
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : A. Matthew Publications, 1996.
3 microfilm reels : chiefly music ; 35 mm. + 1 guide (16 p. ; 21 cm.)
- Music -- Manuscripts -- England.
Music -- Manuscripts -- Facsimiles.
Service books (Music)
- reel 1. Choir books, Mss Mus 6.1-6.3
reel 2. Choir books, Mss Mus 6.4-6.6
reel 3. Other music manuscripts, Mss 314, Mss Mus 6.23, 6.24, 7.2, 7.18, 7.22, 8.17
- "Six liturgical musical part-books, c1650, and an extremely rare 15th century manuscript of John Dunstable form the core of this original microfilm publication which brings together all the music manuscripts at Pembroke College, Cambridge."--Guide, p. 7.
Introductory notes by Nicolas Heppel and John Morehen on reel 1.
Includes compositions by Byrd, Child, Gibbons, Tallis, Tomkins, and others.
Accompanying guide has subtitle: A listing and guide to the microfilm edition.
- Byrd, William, 1542 or 3-1623.
Gibbons, Orlando, 1583-1625.
Tomkins, Thomas, 1572-1656.
Tallis, Thomas, ca. 1505-1585.
Child, William, 1606?-1697.
Pembroke College (University of Cambridge). Library.
- 1857110668 (guide)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|