Four saints in three acts [sound recording] ; The plow that broke the plains / Virgil Thomson.
- Standardized Title:
- Four saints in three acts (Abridged)
- Other Title:
- Four saints in three acts ; The plow that broke the plains
- New York, NY : RCA Victor Gold Seal : Manufactured and distributed by BMG Music, p1996.
- Sound recording
1 sound disc : digital, mono. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Suites (Orchestra)
Motion picture music -- Excerpts, Arranged.
- Four Saints in three acts. Prelude. Tableaux I-IV. Did wish want did at most agree. Tableaux VI-VII. Act two. Can any one feel any one moving. Love scene: Scene eight to wait. To be asked how much of it is finished. Pantomime: Scene eleven. With withdrawn. Vision of the Holy Ghost: Pigeons on the grass alas. Ballet: Tempo di tango Saint Chavez might be with them. Foundationally marvellously aboundingly. Between thirty five and forty five. Exit procession: With wed led said with led dead. Intermezzo act four: Saints in heaven. One at a time regularly
The plow that broke the plains. Prelude. Pastorale (grass). Cattle. Speculation (blues). Drought. Devastation.
- Chorus and orchestra conducted by Virgil Thomson (1st work); Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orchestra; Leopold Stokowski (2nd work).
- Produced by Richard Gilbert; reissue produced by John Pfeiffer.
- The 1st work an abridgement of the opera; libretto by Gertrude Stein. The 2nd a suite from the motion picture.
Recorded 1946 (2nd work)-1947 (1st work).
Durations: 47:58; 13:50.
Program notes by the composer and libretto laid in container.
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 , Librettist
Stokowski, Leopold, 1882-1977 , Conductor
Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orchestra. , Performer
- Thomson, Virgil, 1896-1989. Plow that broke the plains. Suite; arranged
- Publisher Number:
09026-68163-2 RCA Victor Gold Seal
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|