The histories of rabban Hôrmîzd the Persian and rabban Bar-ʻIdtâ. The Syriac texts, edited with English translations by E. A. Wallis Budge...
- Other records:
- London, Luzac and co., 1902.
- Luzac's Semitic text and translation series, vol. IX-XI.
2 v. in 3. 23 cm.
- Hormizd, rabban, fl. 7th cent.
Bar-ʻIdtâ, ca. 509-612.
- [v. 1] The Syriac texts.
v. 2, pt. 1. English translations. pt. 2. The metrical life of rabban Hôrmîzd by Mâr Sergius of Âdhôrbâîjân. English translations.
- The life of Hôrmîzd was written by rabban Mâr Simon, the disciple of Mâr Yôzâdhâk. The life of Bar-ʻIdtâ was written by Abraham, a priest, at the command of ʻAbhd-Îshô, metropolitan of Adiabene, and is based upon that which was written by Mâr John, a disciple of Bar-ʻIdtâ, who flourished about A. D. 660. cf. Pref.
- Yarnall Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|