The fields / Conrad Richter.
- [1st ed.]
- New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 1946.
- Borzoi book.
A Borzoi book
, viii, 288,  pages ; 21 cm
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Fiction.
Ohio -- Fiction.
Frontier and pioneer life.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
United States Massachusetts Norwood.
- Continues the saga of Sayward Luckett Wheeler, who marries the educated New Englander, Portious, and bears him eight children. As pioneer, wife, and mother, she struggles to create a home in the wilderness for her family.
- With half-title.
List of author's works on preliminary leaf.
Title page printed within double-ruled border.
"Copyright 1945 and 1946 by Conrad Richter."
Second novel of The Awakening Land trilogy.
"This book is set in Linotype Janson, a recutting made direct from type cast in matrices engraved by Anton Janson in the years between 1660 and 1687 ... Typography and binding designs by W. A. Dwiggins."
"Jacket painting by Cathal O'Toole."
Light orange cloth boards decorated and lettered in red
Price from dustjacket.
The author received the 1947 Ohioan Library Medal for the first two volumes of the trilogy.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Wiggins, W. A. (William Addison), 1880-1956.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Richter, Conrad, 1890-1968. Fields.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|