The color purple : a novel / by Alice Walker.
- First edition
- New York : Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Publishers, 1982.
, 245,  pages ; 22 cm
- African American women -- Fiction.
Adult child sexual abuse victims -- Fiction.
Southern States -- Fiction.
Abused wives -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- "Jacket design copyright © 1982 by Judith Kazdym Leeds."
National Book Award for Fiction 1983.
Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, 1983.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Banks Collection copy has embossed stamp "JB The Library of Joanna Banks".
Banks Collection copy has autograph of Alice Walker.
Banks Collection copy has  pages with ms. annotations.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (stamp) (Banks Collection copy)
Walker, Alice, 1944- (autograph) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0151191530 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|