The power of the porch : the storyteller's craft in Zora Neale Hurston, Gloria Naylor, and Randall Kenan / Trudier Harris.
- Athens : The University of Georgia Press, 1996.
- Mercer University Lamar memorial lectures; no. 39.
Mercer University Lamar memorial lectures ; no. 39
xiv, 152 pages ; 21 cm.
- American fiction -- African American authors -- History and criticism.
American fiction -- Southern States -- History and criticism.
Hurston, Zora Neale -- Criticism and interpretation.
Naylor, Gloria -- Criticism and interpretation.
Kenan, Randall -- Criticism and interpretation.
African Americans -- Southern States -- Folklore.
Literature and folklore -- Southern States.
Oral tradition -- Southern States.
Southern States -- In literature.
African Americans in literature.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Georgia Athens.
- Performing Personae and Southern Hospitality: Zora Neale Hurston in Mules and Men
The Eye as Voice and Ear: African Southern Orality and Folklore in Gloria Naylor's Mama Day
Southern Voices, Southern Tales: Randall Kenan's "Clarence and the Dead".
- "Designed by Kathi Dailey Morgan."
"Jacket illustration: © Ann Tanksley, Summer Fun, 1988, oil on canvas ..."
Includes bibliographical references (pages 145-147) and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0820318574 (alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|