The Great War and modern memory / Paul Fussell.
- New York ; London : Oxford University Press, 1975.
, x, , 363,  pages : illustrations, portraits ; 24 cm.
- English literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
World War, 1914-1918 -- Literature and the war.
War and literature.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- A satire of circumstance
The troglodyte world
Myth, ritual, and romance
Oh what a literary war
Theater of war
Persistence and memory.
- "This book is about the British experience on the Western Front from 1914 to 1918 and some of the literary means by which it has been remembered, conventionalized, and mythologized. It is also about the literary dimensions of the rench experience itself."--Preface.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Potok Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
Potok Collection copy has autograph of "Chaim Potok 1976".
Potok Collection copy has page marked with post-it.
- Penn Provenance:
- Potok, Adena (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
Potok, Chaim (autograph) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0195019180 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|