The bookshop / Penelope Fitzgerald.
- Other Title:
- Book shop
- 1st U.S. ed.
- Boston : Houghton Mifflin, 1997.
123 p. ; 21 cm.
- Women in the book industries and trade -- Fiction.
Booksellers and bookselling -- Fiction.
Bookstores -- Fiction.
Widows -- Fiction.
Cities and towns -- England -- Fiction.
England -- Fiction.
- Political fiction.
- The pettiness of an English seaside town. It is described by Florence Green, a middle-aged widow who buys a house for a bookshop, something the town has not had for over a century. Leading her enemies is Mrs. Gamart who wanted the house for an arts center.
- "A Mariner original."
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy housed in slipcase with The Blue Flower and Offshore.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has promotional slip in slipcase.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- McMains, Victoria Golden. The readers' choice : 200 book club favorites, 88
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|