A date with a dish : a cook book of American Negro recipes / Freda De Knight ; foreward by Gertrude Blair
- Other records:
- New York : Hermitage Press, Inc. .
- New York : Manufactured in the United States of America by American Book-Stratford Press, Inc.
, xiv, , 426,  pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Cooking, American.
African American cooking.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- There's magic in a cook book / by Gertrude Blair
There's magic in a cook book
Enjoy your meals
A guide for the housewife
On your pantry shelf
Sauces for meats, fish and vegetables
Stuffings and Dressings
Vegetables on parade
Macaroni, spaghetti, noodles
Salads and salad dressings
Waffles, fritters, and pancakes
Cakes and cookies
- "Drawings by S. Lodico."
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1932 Fund.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copies 1 & 2 presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy 1 is "First Printing".
Banks Collection copy 2 has dustjacket retained.
Banks Collection copy 2 is "Second Printing".
- Penn Provenance:
- Long, Janice (inscription)
De Knight, Freda C. (autograph, 1948)
Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Blair, Gertrude, writer of foreword.
Class of 1932 Fund.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|