Tragedies of life / Gertrude Pitts. George Sampson Brite ; Case 999, a Christmas story / Anne Scott ; introduction by Marilyn Sanders Mobley.
- Standardized Title:
- Tragedies of life
- Other Title:
- George Sampson Brite
Case 999, a Christmas story
- New York : G. K. Hall, an Imprint of Simon & Schuster Macmillan, 1997.
- London : Prentice Hall International,
- African-American women writers, 1910-1940
African American women writers, 1910-1940
xxix, , 243,  pages ; 22 cm
- American fiction -- African American authors.
African American families -- Fiction.
American fiction -- Women authors.
American fiction -- 20th century.
African American youth -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- "One thread holding all three of these narratives together is that they deal with the young ... it is clear that both authors were concerned with the raising and teaching of children, the aspirations of the young, and the consequences of choices adults make for the children entrusted to their care. Moreover, both authors depict the effects that the vagaries of poverty, socioeconomic change and racial injustice have on the lives of young people."--Introduction.
"Jacket design by Laura Glazer. Jacket illustration by Stephen Alcorn."
Includes bibliographical references (p. xxviii-xxix).
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Mobley, Marilyn Sanders, 1952- writer of introduction.
Alcorn, Stephen, jacket illustrator.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- Scott, Anne, 1900- George Samson Brite.
Scott, Anne, 1900- Case 999, a Christmas story.
- 0816116342 (acid-free paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|