Religious music [sound recording] : solo & performance / edited by Richard K. Spottswood.
- Washington, D. C. : Library of Congress, Music Division, Recording Laboratory, 1978.
- Folk music in America ; v.15
- Sound recording
1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm. mono. ; 12 in.
- Folk music -- United States.
Sacred vocal music.
Yakama Indians -- Washington (State) -- Music.
Passamaquoddy Indians -- Maine -- Music.
- Local subjects:
- Ethnic music recordings -- United States.
Ethnic music recordings, Yakama -- Washington (State)
Ethnic music recordings, Passamaquoddy -- Maine.
- Sung in English except the 2nd work sung in Ukrainian, the 7th in Italian, the 8th in vocables, and the 17th in Passamaquoddy.
- Blessed are the poor in spirit (Luther Magby)
Pisn o hori Holhofey (Artistic Village Troup)
Drinking shine (Elder Charlie Beck)
Honey in the rock (Blind Mamie Forehand)
Electricity (Jimmy Murphy)
John the Baptist (Brother Dutch Coleman)
Pastorale di natale (Pasquale Feis)
Death chant (Leroy Selam)
Better get ready (Elder R. Wilson and Family)
There's a man going around taking names (unknown singers)
What are they doing in heaven today? (Golden Gate Jubilee Quartet)
Lord, you're good to me (Bunk Johnson)
There is a fountain filled with blood (Giddens Sisters)
At the cross (Fiddlin' John Carson)
Where the soul of man never dies (Anglin Brothers)
Don't wait the last minute to pray (Kitty Wells and the Tennesee Mountain Boys)
Snake dance song (Noel Josephs.
- Various performers.
- On disc labels: LCM 2101--LCM 2102.
"A bicentennial project: Library of Congress, Archive of Folk Song" ; includes recordings from field and commercial sources.
Recorded between 1890 and Dec. 12, 1975.
Program notes, words of the songs (except the 17th), including English translations as needed, and bibliographical and discographical references (10 p. : ill.) inserted in container.
- Spottswood, Richard K. (Richard Keith)
Archive of Folk Song (U.S.)
- Publisher Number:
- Library of Congress, Music Division, Recording Laboratory LBC 15
LCM 2101 Library of Congress, Music Division, Recording Laboratory
LCM 2102 Library of Congress, Music Division, Recording Laboratory
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|