Songs from taverns and chapels [sound recording] / Henry Purcell.
- Standardized Title:
- Vocal music. Selections
- Tinton Falls, N.J. : Musical Heritage Society, p1979.
- Sound recording
1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in.
- Glees, catches, rounds, etc.
Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with string orchestra.
Vocal trios with string orchestra.
Cecilia, Saint -- Songs and music.
- Sung in English, except the last work sung in Latin.
- Catches. Come let us drink (1:22) ; The miller's daughter (1:52) ; Sir Walter enjoying his damsel (2:04) ; A health to the nut brown lass (2:08) ; Prithee ben't so sad and serious (1:09) ; I gave her cakes and I gave her ale (1:17) ; Young John the gard'ner (1:24) ; Once, twice, thrice I Julia tried (1:44) ; Of all the instruments (1:34) ; Under this stone (1:55) ; Since time so kind to us does prove (1:06) ; 'Tis woman makes us love (1:45)
If ever I more riches did desire (14:54)
Laudate Ceciliam (11:40).
- Deller Consort ; Alfred Deller, conductor.
- Catches, an ode to St. Cecilia, and a cantata.
"Licensed from Harmonia Mundi 242."
Program notes by Denis Stevens on container.
- Deller, Alfred. , Performer, Conductor
Deller Consort. , Performer
- Purcell, Henry, 1659-1695. Catches. Selections.
Purcell, Henry, 1659-1695. If ever I more riches did desire.
Purcell, Henry, 1659-1695. Laudate Ceciliam.
If ever I more riches did desire.
- Publisher Number:
- Musical Heritage Society MHS 4124
Harmonia Mundi 242
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|