Das Liebesverbot [sound recording] / Richard Wagner. "The early Wagner."
- Other Title:
- Early Wagner.
- [S.l.] : MRF, [between 1976 and 1985]
- Sound recording
4 sound discs : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in.
Operas -- Excerpts.
Operas -- Excerpts, Arranged.
- In the 1st work: Elizabeth Gale, Ilse Wolf, sopranos ; April Cantelo, mezzo-soprano ; Ian Caley, Neil Jenkins, Alexander Young, tenors ; Raimund Herincx, baritone ; William Elvin, Lawrence Richard, bass ; supporting soloists ; BBC Northern Singers and Orchestra ; Edward Downes, conductor. In the 2nd work: Otakar Kraus (Cadolt) ; Ronald Dowd (Admund) ; supporting soloists, chorus, and orchestra ; Leo Wurmer, conductor. In the 3rd-4th works: Ronald Dowd, tenor ; unnamed orchestra ; Leon Wurmer, conductor. In the 5th work: Donald Gramm, bass ; unnamed men's chorus and orchestra ; Sarah Caldwell, conductor.
- The 1st work a comic opera in 2 acts. The 2nd work all the music composed for a planned opera which was abandoned. The 4th and 5th works are substitute arias. The 3rd work the original aria from Der Vampyr by Marschner, for which Wagner composed the 4th work.
Sung principally in German; the substitute aria for Norma sung in Italian.
Libretto (1st, 2nd works) by the composer.
The 1st work recorded in Manchester, England, in 1976, the 2nd-4th works recorded in 1963, and the 5th in 1971.
Notes on the excerpts, synopsis of the 1st work by Richard Arsenty, and libretti in the original languages with English translations (60 p.) inserted in container.
- Wagner, Richard, 1813-1883.
Gale, Elizabeth, 1948- , Performer
Wolf, Ilse, 1921-1999 , Performer
Cantelo, April. , Performer
Caley, Ian. , Performer
Jenkins, Neil. , Performer
Young, Alexander, 1920-2000. , Performer
Elvin, William. , Performer
Herincx, Raimund. , Performer
Richard, Lawrence. , Performer
Downes, Edward. , Conductor
Dowd, Ronald, 1914-1990 , Performer
Kraus, Otakar, 1909- , Performer
Wurmser, Leo. , Conductor
Gramm, Donald. , Performer
Caldwell, Sarah, 1928- , Conductor
Bellini, Vincenzo, 1801-1835.
BBC Northern Singers. , Performer
BBC Northern Symphony Orchestra. , Performer
- Wagner, Richard, 1813-1883. Hochzeit.
Marschner, Heinrich, 1795-1861. Vampyr. Wie ein schöner Frühlings morgen.
Wagner, Richard, 1813-1883. Doch jetzt, wohin ich blicke.
Wagner, Richard, 1813-1883. Norma il prédisse.
- Publisher Number:
- MRF-155-S MRF
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|