Strong souls singing : African American books for our daughters and our sisters / edited by Archie Givens ; introduction by Marian Wright Edelman.
- [First edition]
- New York : W. W. Norton & Company, [c1998].
xiv, 145,  pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- African Americans -- Juvenile literature -- Bibliography.
Children's literature, American -- African American authors -- Bibliography.
African American women -- Juvenile literature -- Bibliography.
African American girls -- Books and reading -- Bibliography.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
Novels and Short Stories
Autobiographies and Biographies
- "Illustrations © 1988 by William Raaum."
Title page printed in green and black.
"The text of this book is composed in ITC New Baskerville, the display set in Baker Signet, and initial caps are Desnick & Nelson Woodcut."
"Each of the five chapters ... begins with books for very young children, and progresses to books for high school and adult readers. The specific reading levels for each book appear at the end of each book description."--A Note about Reading Levels.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy has label and embossed stamp of "JB Library of Joanna Banks".
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (stamp) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Givens, Archie, 1944- editor.
Edelman, Marian Wright, writer of introduction.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|