The churches the apostles left behind / Raymond E. Brown.
- New York : Paulist Press, ©1984.
156 pages ; 21 cm
- Bible. New Testament -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Church history -- Primitive and early church, ca. 30-600.
Church -- Biblical teaching.
Church -- History of doctrines -- Early church, ca. 30-600.
Pastoral theology -- Biblical teaching.
Pastoral theology -- History of doctrines -- Early church, ca. 30-600.
Bible. New Testament.
Church -- History of doctrines -- Early church.
Church history -- Primitive and early church.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- This book is a study of seven very different churches in the New Testament period after the death of the apostles.
- The sub-apostolic era in the New Testament
The Pauline heritage in the Pastoral Epistles: Church structure
The Pauline heritage in Colossians/Ephesians: Christ's body to be loved
The Pauline heritage in Luke/Acts: The Spirit
The Petrine heritage in I Peter: The people of God
The heritage of the beloved disciple in the Fourth Gospel: People personally attached to Jesus
The heritage of the beloved disciple and the Epistles: Individuals guided by the Paraclete-Spirit
The heritage of Jewish/Gentile Christianity in Matthew: Authority that does not stifle Jesus
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 151-152).
- Local notes:
- CJS copy acc.# 200900
- Other format:
- Online version: Brown, Raymond Edward. Churches the apostles left behind.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|