The R. Crumb coffee table art book / edited & designed by Peter Poplaski.
- 1st ed.
- Boston : Little, Brown, ©1997.
250 pages : chiefly color illustrations ; 35 cm
- Crumb, R.
- The R. Crumb Coffee Table Art Book collects the finest work from throughout Crumb's career, ranging from some of his earliest published comics in the mid-sixties to work completed in the nineties. His best stories, illustrations, covers, and paintings are here, many of them appearing in color for the first time. There is a rich representation of Crumb's early work, including drawings from Harvey Kurtzman's Help! in the sixties and examples of his youthful work as a greeting card artist. Selections from Crumb's sketchbooks over the years reveal the evolution of his style and the development of ideas over time.
Brief commentaries by Crumb are interspersed throughout the book, illuminating his early love of comics, his career, his obsessions with sex and old music, and many other aspects of his life and work.
- "A Kitchen Sink Press book for Little, Brown and Company."
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Rothman, Steven D. (donor) (RBC copy)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Poplaski, Peter.
Steven Rothman Collection of Comics, Cartoons, and Graphic Novels (University of Pennsylvania)
Comics Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|