Zimbabwe [videorecording] : music with a past / BBC Education & Training ; producer, Michael Raeburn.
- [Monmouth Junction, NJ] : Films for the Humanities & Science [distributor], c1997.
1 videocassette (ca. 61 min.) : col., with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.
- Music -- Zimbabwe.
Shona (African people) -- Music.
Ndebele (African people) -- Music.
- Local subjects:
- Ethnic music recordings, Shona -- Zimbabwe.
Ethnic music recordings, Ndebele -- Zimbabwe.
- Documentary films.
- Narrated in English; sung Shona and Ndebele with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- The impact of modernization on independent Zimbabwe is reflected in popular music, which often uses western instruments along with traditional rhythms. Various performers discuss trends and values conveyed in Zimbabwe's music.
- Commentary read by Hugh Quarshie; performers, Biggie Tembo, Ephat Mujuru, Comrade Chinx, and others.
- Cameramen, David South, Eric Fever; film editors, David Kitson, Christopher Bruce.
- Video release of a BBC production of 1989 for the television program Under African Skies.
- Raeburn, Michael. , Producer
Quarshie, Hugh. , Speaker
Tembo, Biggie. , Performer
Mujuru, Ephat. , Performer
British Broadcasting Corporation. , Producer
BBC Education & Training. , Producer
Films for the Humanities (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
- FFH 7377 Films for the Humanities
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|