The Africans [videorecording] : a triple heritage / a co-production of WETA-TV and BBC-TV ; producer, Peter Bate.
- S. Burlington, VT : Annenberg/CPB Project, [distributor], c1986.
- Annenberg/CPB collection
9 videocassettes (60 min. ea.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in. + 2 printed guides.
- Africa -- Civilization.
Islam -- Africa -- History.
Slavery -- United States -- History.
Africa -- Economic conditions.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- A controversial examination of contemporary Africa in terms of its triple heritage: what is indigenous, what was contributed by Islam, and what was acquired from the West. Discusses present-day African economies, the African diaspora, particularly in North America, and the continued interest of the superpowers in Africa.
- 1. The nature of a continent
2. A legacy of lifestyles
3. New gods
4. Tools of exploitation
5. New conflicts
6. In search of stability
7. A Garden of Eden in decay
8. A clash of cultures
9. Global Africa.
- Ali A. Mazrui.
- Written and presented by Ali A. Mazrui.
- Funded by the Annenberg/CPB Project.
Accompanied by a Viewer's guide (68 p.) and a Faculty guide (72 p.).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
Library's copy lacks viewer's guide.
- Mazrui, Ali AlʼAmin. , Screenwriter
Bate, Peter. , Producer
WETA-TV (Television station : Washington, D.C.) , Producer
British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service. , Producer
Rosengarten Family Fund.
- 0030062136 (faculty guide)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|