American tongues [videorecording] / the Center for New American Media presents a videotape by Andrew Kolker and Louis Alvarez.
- New York, NY : The Center, c1987.
1 videocassette (56 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in. + 1 instructional guide (12 p. : 19 cm.)
- English language -- Dialects -- United States.
- Educational films.
- System Details:
- "Portrays some of the ... regional, social, and ethnic differences in American speech, and the attitudes that people have about these differences. ... Intended to educate viewers about the nature of dialects, but it also challenges them to confront their own attitudes about language variation."--Instructional guide, p. 2.
- Narrated by Polly Holliday.
- Tape has copyright date 1986.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Kolker, Andrew. , Producer, Director
Alvarez, Louis. , Producer, Director
Holliday, Polly. , Narrator
Center for New American Media. , Producer, Distributor
Rosengarten Family Fund.
- 1877989002 (no dot)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|