An American procession / Alfred Kazin.
- [1st ed.]
- New York : Alfred A. Knopf : [Distributed by Random House], 1984. (Scranton, Pennsylvania : Composed, printed and bound by The Haddon Craftsmen)
, xvii, , 408,  p. ; 24 cm.
- American literature -- History and criticism.
- Prologue, 1918: Old man in a dry month
Part One. The self as power: America when young, 1830-1865
Part Two. Modern times: 1865-1900
Part Three. Ruling by style: History and the moderns, 1900-1929
Retrospect, 1932: The Twenties and the Great American thing.
- "This is a Borzoi Book published by Alfred A. Knopf, Inc."
"This book was set in a digitized version of Janson, a redrawing of type cast from matrices long thought to have been made by the Dutchman Anton Janson, who was a practicing type founder in Leipzig during the years 1668-87."
"Typography and binding design by Dorothy Schmiderer."
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has card "with the compliments of the author" from the Publicity Department, Alfred A. Knopf, Inc., 201 East 50th Street, New York, N.Y." taped to front free endpaper.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Schmiderer, Dorothy.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0394503783 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|