Remembering Ansel Adams sound recording : and other works / Ernst Bacon.
- Standardized Title:
- Instrumental music. Selections
- New York, NY : CRI, p1998.
- Sound recording
1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Clarinet with orchestra.
Sonatas (Cello and piano)
Suites (Violin and piano)
Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984 -- Songs and music.
- Remembering Ansel Adams (14:25)
Sonata for cello and piano (21:18)
Collected short piano works (The lobo girl ; Nuka ; Flop-eared mule ; Maple-sugaring ; Yemassee River ; Drip-drop rain ; Habañera ; Pigtown fling) (19:16)
- In the 1st work: Richard Stoltzman, clarinet ; Warsaw Philharmonic ; Jerry Swoboda, conductor. In the 2nd work: Bernard Greenhouse, violoncello ; Menahem Pressler, piano. In the 3rd group: Emily Corbato, piano. In the 4th work: Dorothy Bales, violin ; Allan Sly, piano.
- The 1st work for clarinet and orchestra; the 4th a suite for violin and piano.
Title from container.
The 1st work recorded Sept. 1997, the 2nd recorded in Steinway Hall, Dec. 1964.
Compact disc; the 4th work an analog recording.
The 2nd and 4th works originally released as analog discs, the 1st in 1965 (CRI SD 201), the 4th by Orion in 1984 (ORS-84465)
Biographical and program notes by Ellen Bacon (11 p.) inserted in container.
- Stoltzman, Richard. , Instrumentalist
Swoboda, Jerzy. , Conductor
Greenhouse, Bernard, 1916- , Instrumentalist
Pressler, Menahem. , Instrumentalist
Corbató, Emily. , Instrumentalist
Bales, Dorothy. , Instrumentalist
Sly, Allan. , Instrumentalist
Filharmonia Narodowa (Warsaw, Poland). , Instrumentalist
- Bacon, Ernst, 1898- Remembering Ansel Adams.
Bacon, Ernst, 1898- Sonatas, cello, piano (1948)
Bacon, Ernst, 1898- Piano music. Selections.
Bacon, Ernst, 1898- Tumbleweeds.
- Publisher Number:
CD 779 CRI
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|