Sir Rudolf Bing farewell [sound recording]
1 sound tape reel : analog, 7 1/2 ips, 2 tracks ; 5 in., 1/4 in. tape.
1 sound tape reel : analog, 7 1/2 ips, 2 tracks, NAB standard ; 10 1/2 in., 1/4 in. tape.
1 sound cassette : analog, Dolby B processed.
- Bing, Rudolf, 1902-1997.
- Sir Rudolf Bing was the general manager of the Metropolitan Opera, 1950-1972.
- Interview with Sir Rudolf Bing, conducted by Sir Cyril Ritchard during the intermissions of a Metropolitan Opera performance of Verdi's Don Carlo, April 22, 1972. This was the final performance under Bing's tenure as general manager. The Texaco broadcast is announced by Milton Cross. Mrs. August Belmont and Anthony A. Bliss each speak about Bing's career at the Metropolitan Opera. Farewell messages and songs are performed by the following artists: Leontyne Price, James McCracken, Regine Crespin, Roberta Peters, Joan Sutherland, Thomas Stewart, Leonie Rysanek, Cyril Ritchard, Marilyn Horne, Birgit Nilsson, Luciano Pavarotti, and Renata Tebaldi. The program concludes with Marian Anderson singing Auld lang syne.
- Title from announcer's spoken introduction.
Original copy: 1 5 in. reel to reel tape (MA293); preservation copy: 1 10 1/2 in. reel to reel tape (MA Reels 64); service copy: 1 cassette tape (MA293). Preservation and service copies recorded 1997.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gift of Marian Anderson, 1977, 1987, and 1991.
- Ritchard, Cyril, 1897-1977 , Interviewer
Belmont, Eleanor Robson, 1879-1979.
Bliss, Anthony A., 1913-1991.
Cross, Milton, 1897-1975.
Anderson, Marian, 1897-1993. , Performer
- Contained In:
- Marian Anderson Collection of Miscellaneous Sound Recordings. Cassette MA293.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|