Marian Anderson speech at Penny High School in East Hartford, Connecticut, Feb. 15, 1968 [sound recording].
- Other Title:
- Speech at Penny High School in East Hartford, Connecticut, Feb. 15, 1968
1 sound tape reel : analog, 3 3/4 ips, 2 tracks ; 5 in., 1/4 in. tape.
1 sound tape reel : analog, 7 1/2 ips, 2 tracks, NAB standard ; 10 1/2 in., 1/4 in. tape.
1 sound cassette : analog, Dolby B processed.
- Anderson, Marian, 1897-1993.
Speeches, addresses, etc.
- Marian Anderson, African-American contralto from Philadelphia.
- After introductions by local dignitaries, Marian Anderson speaks about her patriotism, the importance of young people to the nation, and the need for people to follow their own paths.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Recorded at the Penny High School in East Hartford, CT, Feb. 15, 1968.
Original copy: 1 5 in. reel to reel tape (MA294); preservation copy: 1 10 1/2 in. reel to reel tape (MA Reel 64); service copy: 1 cassette tape (MA294). Preservation and service copies recorded 1997.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gift of Marian Anderson, 1977, 1987, and 1991.
- Penny High School (East Hartford, Conn.)
- Contained In:
- Marian Anderson Collection of Miscellaneous Sound Recordings. Cassette MA294.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|