Marian Anderson in rehearsal with Hall Johnson and John Motley [sound recording].
- Other Title:
- Rehearsal with Hall Johnson and John Motley
Lord, how come me here.
He's got the whole world in His hands.
1 sound tape reel : analog, 3 3/4 ips, 2 tracks ; 7 in., 1/4 in. tape
1 sound tape reel : analog, 7 1/2 ips, 2 tracks, NAB standard ; 10 1/2 in., 1/4 in. tape
1 sound cassette : analog, Dolby B processed.
- Spirituals (Songs)
Sacred songs (Low voice) with piano.
Singing -- Studies and exercises.
- Lord, how come me here? / arr. by Hall Johnson
He's got the whole world in His hands (incomplete take and rehearsal).
- Marian Anderson, contralto; John Motley, piano.
- Marian Anderson rehearsing at home; Hall Johnson discusses possible interpretations of different phrases of his arrangement of the spiritual, Lord, how come me here.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Original copy: 1 7 in. reel to reel tape (MA267); preservation copy: 1 10 1/2 in. reel to reel tape (MA Reel 52); service copy: 1 cassette tape (MA267). Preservation and service copies recorded 1997.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gift of Marian Anderson, 1977, 1987, and 1991.
- Motley, John J., 1913- , Performer
Johnson, Hall, 1888-1970. , Arranger, Performer
- Contained In:
- Marian Anderson Collection of Miscellaneous Sound Recordings. Cassette MA267.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|