Collection of Music, ca. 1770-1896.
- Other Title:
- Musical Fund Society of Philadelphia Collection of Music.
- ca. 1770-1896.
103 boxes (377 items).
- Music -- Manuscripts.
Orchestral music -- Scores and parts.
Music -- Scores and parts.
Overtures -- Scores and parts.
Symphonies -- Scores and parts.
Oratorios -- Scores and parts.
- Items 1-279 in this collection comprise orchestral and choral compositions, ca. 1770-1896. The 279 items include scores, parts, or scores and parts together, approximately 104 of which are manuscripts either entirely or in part, with the balance printed. The collection was compiled by the Musical Fund Society for use in its concerts and corresponds in content to the Society's "Catalog of Orchestral and Choral Compositions published and in Manuscript between 1790 and 1840," published 1974.
Items 280-305 are chiefly orchestral works, including more overtures and concertos. Items 306-348 are principally chamber music and items 349-377 are miscellaneous items, including incomplete sets of parts and works by unidentified composers.
- Local notes:
- Indexes: for a listing of all the items in the collection, do the following title search in Eureka: Musical Fund Society of Philadelphia Collection of Music.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gift of the Musical Fund Society of Philadelphia, 1991.
- Access Restriction:
- Off-site storage: 24-hour retrieval.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|