Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Report of the Board of Regents 1846-1847
- Washington : Smithsonian Institution, -1965.
- Mis. doc. (United States. Congress. Senate)
Publication (Smithsonian Institution)
<1879>: Misc. Doc. / Senate
1917/18-1963/64: Publication / Smithsonian Institution
119 v. : ill. maps ; 23-24 cm.
Began publication with 1846.
- Continued By:
- Smithsonian Institution. Report of the Secretary and financial report of the Executive Committee of the Board of Regents
United States National Museum. Annual report for the year ended June 30 ...
Smithsonian Institution. Smithsonian year (1965)
- Smithsonian Institution -- Periodicals.
Smithsonian Institution. Archives -- Periodicals.
Discoveries in science -- Periodicals.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Washington D.C.
- "Showing the operations, expenditures, and condition of the Institution." ; subtitle varies.
Published: Washington : U.S.G.P.O., <1880-1897>
Some reports issued in various congressional series: Senate miscellaneous documents, House miscellaneous documents, House executive documents, and House documents.
Vols. for 1847-1963/64 include the Institution's Report of the Secretary, also published separately.
Vols. for 1849-1963/64 include "General appendix to the Smithsonian report" (varies slightly).
Report for 1885 includes: List of foreign correspondents of the Smithsonian Institution, corrected to July 1, 1885; also published separately.
Description based on: 4th (1849).
Report year for 1885-1964 ends June 30.
Reports for 1848-1855 called 3d-10th.
Reports for 1884-1886/87 issued in 2 pts., pt. 2 being the Report of the National Museum.
Merged with: Smithsonian Institution. Report of the Secretary and financial report of the Executive Committee of the Board of Regents, and: United States National Museum. Annual report for the year ended June 30 ..., to form: Smithsonian Institution. Smithsonian year (1965).
- Local notes:
- Kaplan Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2012 by Arnold and Deanne Kaplan.
Kaplan Collection copy has only 1861.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has stamp "Property of N.Y. Herald Tribune Library."
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 1962 has two ms. notes laid in at front.
- Finding Aid/Index:
- Author-subject: 1849-1961. 1 v.
- Penn Provenance:
- Kaplan, Arnold (donor) (Kaplan Collection copy)
Kaplan, Deanne (donor) (Kaplan Collection copy)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
New York Herald Tribune (firm) (stamp) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Arnold and Deanne Kaplan Collection of Early American Judaica (University of Pennsylvania)
- United States National Museum. Report of the U.S. National Museum.
Smithsonian Institution. Report of the Secretary.
General appendix to the Smithsonian report.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|