William Tyndale's five books of Moses, called the Pentateuch : being a verbatim reprint of the edition of M.CCCCC.XXX : compared with Tyndale's Genesis of 1534, and the Pentateuch in the Vulgate, Luther, and Matthew's Bible, with various collations and prolegomena / by J.I. Mombert.
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Bible. Pentateuch. English. Tyndale. 1884.
- Other Title:
- Five books of Moses, called the Pentateuch.
- New York : A.D.F. Randolph ; London : S. Bagster c1884.
cxlv, , 635,  p. : facsims. ; 26 cm.
- Bible. Pentateuch.. -- English -- Versions -- Tyndale.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- "First edition limited to five hundred large paper copies. No. [blank]"--P. opp. t.p.
"Copyright, 1884. By Anson D. F. Randolph & Company. St. Johnland Stereotype Foundry, Suffolk Co., N. Y. Printed by Edward O. Jenkins, 20 North William St., N. Y."--title page verso.
"In memory of James Lenox."--page iii.
United Bible Societies language: English.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by the estate of Charles C. Butterworth in 1958.
Penn Libraries Culture Class Collection copy is no. 327 of a limited ed. of 500 large paper copies.
Penn Libraries Culture Class Collection copy 2 is no. 409 of a limited ed. of 500 large paper copies.
Penn Libraries Culture Class Collection copy has ms. inscription ("CCB 10-23-47") in pencil on front free endpaper.
- Penn Provenance:
- Butterworth, Charles C., 1894-1957 (inscription, 1947) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Butterworth, Charles C., Estate of (donor) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Tyndale, William, -1536.
Mombert, J. I. (Jacob Isidor), 1829-1913.
Lenox, James, 1800-1880, dedicatee.
Jenkins, Edward O., printer.
A.D.F. Randolph & Co., publisher.
Samuel Bagster and Sons, publisher.
St. Johnland Stereotype Foundry, typesetter.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Bible Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|