Chronicles of the Crusades : being contemporary narratives of the crusade of Richard Cœur de Lion / by Richard of Devizes and Geoffrey de Vinsauf ; and of the crusade of St. Louis, by Lord John de Joinville...
- Other records:
- London : H. G. Bohn, 1848.
vi, 562 p. : front. (col.) ; 17 cm.
- Richard I, King of England, 1157-1199.
Louis IX, King of France, 1214-1270.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Chronicle of Richard of Devizes, concerning the deeds of King Richard the First, king of England [tr. by J. A. Giles] - Geoffrey de Vinsauf's chronicle of Richard of First's Crusade - Lord de Joinbelle's Memoirs of Louis IX, king of France, commonly called Saint Louis [tr. by Thomas Johnes] - Appendix to Joinville. List of the knights who accompanied Saint Louis to Palestine
Knights of the household who accompanied him to Tunis
Extracts from an Arabian ms., by Al Makrisi, containing the Saracenic account of the Crusade under St. Louis - Index.
- The chronicle here attributed to Geoffrey de Vinsauf is now shown to be, in large part, a Latin translation of Ambroses L'estoire de la guerre sainte, probably made by Richard, canon and prior of Holy Trinity, London, about 1200. cf Gross, Sources and literature of English history.
- Penn Chronology:
- Richard, of Devizes, fl. 1191.
Giles, J. A. (John Allen), 1808-1884.
Johnes, Thomas, 1748-1816.
Joinville, Jean, sire de, 1224?-1317?
Maqrīzī, Aḥmad ibn ʻAlī, 1364-1442.
Henry Charles Lea Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|