The voice of liberty : the story of Emma Lazarus / by Eve Merriam ; illustrated by Charles W. Walker.
- [New York] : Farrar, Straus and Cudahy, ©1959.
- Covenant (Jewish Publication Society of America); 6.
Covenant (Jewish Publication Society of America) ; 6
179 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm.
- Lazarus, Emma, 1849-1887.
Lazarus, Emma, 1849-1887.
Women poets, American -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
Jewish women authors -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
Zionists -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
Statue of Liberty (New York, N.Y.) -- Juvenile literature.
Jewish refugees -- Juvenile literature.
Jewish women authors.
Statue of Liberty (New York, N.Y.)
Women poets, American.
- Local subjects:
- Jews -- New York (State) -- New York -- Biography.
- "A biography of Emma Lazarus, the American poet who is probably best known for her sonnet 'The new Colossus, ' the closing lines of which appear on the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty ... [A] portrayal of her life in a wealthy, well-established Jewish family, her career as a writer, her growing consciousness of her Jewish heritage, and her crusade to help Jewish refugees in America and to further Jewish nationalism." Booklist.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by the Board of Governors of Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth.
- Penn Provenance:
- Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth (donor) (Libra copy)
- Walker, Charles W., illustrator.
Library of Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Merriam, Eve, 1916-1992. Voice of liberty.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|