A boy of Old Prague / S. Ish-Kishor ; drawings by Ben Shahn.
- [New York] Pantheon Books 
. 90,  p. illus. 24 cm.
- Children's stories.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Ignorant, superstitious, devout, and fearful, the peasant boy Tomaś is sent to be a bond servant to a Jewish family living in 16th century Prague. Slowly Tomaś learns to overcome his prejudices, only to be confronted by grim reality when mass hatred is directed against the Jewish community.
- "The endpapers of this book are reproduced from a sixteenth century map of the city of Prague."
Designed by Atha Tehon.
- Local notes:
- Tehon Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Susan Tehon.
Tehon Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
Presented to the Penn Libraries by the Board of Governors of Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth.
- Penn Provenance:
- Tehon, Atha (former owner) (Tehon Collection copy)
Tehon, Susan (donor)
Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth (donor) (Libra copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Shahn, Ben, 1898-1969.
Atha Tehon Thiras Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Library of Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|